My First Blogger Awards!

Wow!  I am beyond humbled and honored that I recently got awarded, not one but TWO blogger awards!


I have to thank Lauren from tickled.  for the "Versatile Blogger Award" and Kristin from Delightfully Dowling  for the "Stylish Blogger Award".  I do not feel worthy, but both of these girls have made me feel so welcome here and I absolutely adore their blogs.  Be sure to check them out!

The rules are similar to both awards for me to pass along:

1. thank & link back to the wonderful blogger who gave me this award
2. share 7 things about myself
3. award 15 recently discovered great bloggers (for the Versatile Award, there is no specified number to pass along to)
4. contact the bloggers and inform them of the award

So here it goes...7 things about me:

  1. My husband and I will be married for a year and a half on Valentine's Day...February 14th!  We're both born on the 26th and are 7 months apart (half of 14!).  We were college sweethearts...met on November 14th, 2002 and got married in 2009...7 years later...on August 14th!  14 and 26 are pretty special numbers to us.

2.  I love I Love Lucy!  Seriously, ever since I can remember, I've always loved watching the show and Lucille Ball is the one person I would just love to meet.  My favorite episodes are the "Vitameatavegamin"  (Are you unpoopular?  Do you pop out at parties?) and of course, the "Grape Stomping" episode.  That show is just classic.


3. I have the two CUTEST pets in the world, Mr. Whiskers and Wilson.


4. I always seem to notice eyebrows on people...I do not have great eyebrows by ANY means, but I super appreciate a well-groomed eyebrow.  Rachel Bilson has a great pair:


5. My grandparents met in college and had been married for over 60 years!  I truly admired their marriage and relationship and hope that my husband and I can live up to their love and dedication to each other.  Here they are on their wedding day...how cute are they?


6. I've never been to Europe, but hope to visit Paris and Italy soon.  I especially want to go to Monet's Garden.


7. I have a wicked obsession with 80's music!!!  It's a permanent setting on my XM radio and there is a local band called Tainted Love that I love.  Most weekends you'll find me rocking out...I can't help it!


I'd like to pass along the "Versatile Blog Award" to:

Alissa was my very first follower and has been so supportive all this time.  Her blog is super creative and inspirational.

Noelle is so stylish and beautiful!  She has great taste in both her fashion and beauty picks.

Andee is both gorgeous and inspirational!  She lives in my hometown of Orange County and her blog covers everything from fashion, nutrition and travel.

My 15 picks for the "Stylish Blogger Awared" are:
  1. 1551 Transformed Kelly has a great sense of style and constantly comes up with beautiful ideas for around the house.
  2. A Dose of Pretty  Sarah never fails to surprise me with the beautiful imagery she displays on her blog...and her own home is spectacular...check out her office!
  3. A Thoughtful Place Courtney caught my eye with her modern and sleek eye for style and design.
  4. Chic Coastal Living Desiree's coastal style has me reminiscing on my hometown...she does a beautiful job of showcasing and inspiring the ocean, sand and everything in between.
  5. ciao bella Jessica is my fashion fix.  Lots of great inspiration and beautiful things.
  6. Honey We're Home Megan is the Queen Bee of interior design and all things style...don't miss her closet!  It's my dream!
  7. If I Pooped Gold Bars I mean, really?  I couldn't say it better myself!  Hillary blogs about what we all want and wish we had, but sadly, can only afford through one method...and one method only!
  8. Long Distance Loving {av} has a keen eye for lovely things and her blog is just darling.  Plus, I know many girls out there know what it's like to go through the long distance thing.
  9. Michaela Noelle Michaela is absolutely adorable!  I love her sense of style and design.  So glad we've recently become friends.
  10. Natalie Merrillyn Looking for inspiration?  Look no further!  Natalie's blog is chalk full of beautiful imagery!  Her wedding was beyond amazing as well!
  11. Strawberry Swing and other Things Erinn's site is dedicated to fashion, interior design and the occasional cooking!  And she's witty to boot!
  12. Tasty Fare Pretty Wear Food and Fashion?  Sign me up!  Love Jessie's blog and all the great ideas.
  13. Ten June  Michelle's blog rocks!  She's going through a remodel of her own house and has a great eye for all things stylish...and she's super funny!
  14. The Chic Line Ashley is so creative and I love how she makes something simple so beautiful and chic...thus the name!  :)
  15. Welcome to the Good Life Sarah has a beautiful family and great eye for style.  Plus her DIY is to die for!
Whew!!!  What a list huh?  I highly encourage you to check out all of these lovely blogs and leave some love for them.  Thank you again to Lauren and Kristin for recognizing me!

xo natasha



20 comments :

  1. congratulations, natasha! the awards are well-deserved! i love your 7 things... especially that picture of david bowie from the labyrinth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are fabulous and the sweetest! Thank you for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet! Thanks for the super nice words! :)

    LOVE your 7 things! I too have a weird 'thing' for eyebrows! I'm a FREAK about my own ... After a couple TERRIBLE experiences, I only let certain people mess with them! :)

    Happy Friday!

    ~Lauren
    tickledonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower. Congrats on the awards. Happy weekend.

    Ashly
    www.ashlymoonwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Natasha, thanks for following my blog and for participating in the $100.00 Anthro gift card giveaway. Good luck! You have a beautiful blog. It's a pleasure to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the award. I just found your lovely blog all the way from Spain! I am now following. Living in Lake Tahoe? I am SO jealous. You also mentioned you have never been to Europe. Maybe with time I can convince you to visit my adopted home-Spain.
    Do pop over to my blog and enter our competition to win TWO prizes from our jewellery boutique, Luxuria. We would love to see you there ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww thank you so much for the love!!! love your blog as well!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so thoughtful to think of me and all these other wonderful girls. I'm so glad we've "met" and become friends recently, too! We will have to meet in Tahoe soon (:

    Also, let's go to see Monet's garden together. He's my favorite impressionist painter. Senior year of high school I painted a replica of his bridge (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much! You are so sweet to include me with all of these fantastic ladies! You make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much, I'm honored! Can't wait to check out these other ladies' blogs!

    Have a great weekend, Natasha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, thank you so much Natasha! I love the 14 & 26 connections between you and your husband - that is so cool! I love stuff like that. Looking forward to checking out the other blogs you listed.
    Happy Friday!
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all the sweet compliments! I'm so lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful women!

    Vanessa-I would love to go to Spain as well! I hear it's beautiful! Also, I thank you for following--can't wait to check out your blog!

    Michaela-definitely let me know the next time you're in Tahoe. I would love to meet up!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so sweet, thank you so much! thanks for sharing your story and that picture of you and your hubby is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the award! I love your 7 facts, too :) I also always notice eyebrows, I love Lauren Conrad's LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! I love 80's music, too! It seems like hardly anyone else appreciates it, so I'm glad you do! What's your favorite band from that era?

    Like you, I appreciate good eyebrows. I have yet to achieve that perfect arch, no matter how hard I try. I'm going to have to resort to pencil pretty soon, or give up entirely!

    Have a great weekend (rocking out to some jams, I presume)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the picture of Mr. Whiskers and Wilson! So sweet!

    Your cat looks a lot like my Rebel!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your wedding photo! Just beautiful! and your sweet kind words were so thoughtful! Wow! I am humbled,too! Keep writing you have a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved reading about the 7 things about you! Thanks for sharing other great blog reads...I've been looking to find some new great ones!!

    ps..Im an 80s fan too!! everything about the music is so fresh and takes me back to the good days!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved reading about the 7 things about you! Thanks for sharing other great blog reads...I've been looking to find some new great ones!!

    ps..Im an 80s fan too!! everything about the music is so fresh and takes me back to the good days!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Im starting to be a fan of yours. Keep doing those lovely creations.
    modeling women

    ReplyDelete